Thursday 28 February 2013

Non Bake Oreo Cheesecake





I supposed to post the birthday cake that I had made for my grandma, a Banana Custard Ice Cream Cake. So sad that I was not able to trace the photos in the memory card, dunno what's went wrong :(.

This cake was an order from my best friend M's colleague, the 1st cake order that I have accepted. There were many people asking about ordering cakes from me but I always laugh it off as I am not sure whether are they joking or serious about it :P.

M has been "boast' about how nice and delicious my bakes was to her colleague E. So E asked me through M whether can I bake a birthday cake for him. Since I thought I will be available and E was seriously requesting for it so I agreed to take up this order.


I didn't know the date was crashed with my mooncake making, dunno why I do not have much mood to make mooncake this year compare to last year (probably cos last year was the first time making mooncakes so full of enthusiasm) but still dragged myself to do so to fullfil my promises. Since I had tight schedule so I decided to make a non bake cheesecake which I can save some of the times on frosting of cake.

I made a non bake oreo cheesecake that I had made many times due to the great responses. My pipping and decoration skill still has not got any improvement, guess I must be more hardworking to practise more :P. Hope E won't mind it and will like this cake.

Recipe adapted from Aunty Yochana.

Biscuit Base:
100 gm Digestive Biscuits - crushed with roller
50 gm melted butter

Mix them together and press into an 8" springform tin. Chill it.

Cream Cheese Filling:
250 gm Cream cheese
50 gm Icing sugar
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup (I can't find my maple syrup so I replaced with manuka honey)
60 ml milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
10 Oreo cookies - chopped coarsely
260 ml whipped cream - whipped till medium peak
1 Tbsp gelatine powder + 70 gm water

Some extra crushed Oreo Cookies for sprinkling on top

Method:
1. Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside to allow the gelatin grains to swell (10 mins) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature)
2. Beat cream cheese with icing sugar till well combined.
3. Add in fresh milk and mix till well combined. Add in gelatine mixture and mix well.
4. Fold in whipped cream and divide mixture into 2 portions.
5. Fold in chopped Oreo cookies into 1 portion and maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract into the other portion.
6. Pour in the white portion into the chilled biscuit base. Level the cream cheese filling and put it into the fridge to let it set.
7. Pour the Oreo cream cheese filling onto the set white cream cheese and level it.
8. Put into the fridge to let it set for 2 to 3 hours. (I put in freezer to have ice cream alike texture)
9. Remove from freezer to decorate as desire and put back to freeze it.
10. Slice and serve chilled

Credit: http://bakericious.blogspot.com/2010/09/non-bake-oreo-cheesecake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment