Thursday 28 February 2013

Breadcup Quiche




I saw there were 2 unfinished pack of bread (left about 1/2 loaf) inside the fridge and 1 loaf on the kitchen table. I know that these bread going to stay inside the fridge for a period and the final fate will be dumped inside the trash bin. Thus after going through my collection of recipes, I found this recipe from My Culinary Journal that caught my attention so I went ahead without hestitation. I just used 7 slices of white & wholemeal bread for trialing.



Ingredients :
7 slices bread (white or wholemeal)
1.5 cup milk
3 eggs
2 slices ham
some grated cheese
a dash of salt
a dash of pepper

Method :
1. Trim the crust of the bread away.
2. Grease the muffin tray.
3. Roll the bread thinner and make 4 slits and stuff into muffin holes.
4. Whisk eggs with a cup of milk, season with salt & pepper.
5. Add in bits of ham and pour onto breadcups, sprinkled with grated cheese.
6. Bake at 180 degree for 25 to 35 mins till golden, fluffy or to your liking.

Verdict?
This is simple and delicious, a good way to use up the unfinish bread. Beside adding ham, we can add other ingredients like sausage, bacon, tuna etc, anything you like.

Credits: http://bakericious.blogspot.com/2010/04/breadcup-quiche.html

No comments:

Post a Comment