Panda BreadPrintable recipe
Prep time: 3 hrs
Cook time: 30 mins
Yield: 9 x 4" loaf
- 210g 1 egg yolk + rice milk (i.e. use 1 egg plus enough rice milk to make up to 210 g)
- 230g bread flour
- 70g cake flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 4.5g salt
- 1 packet (7g) instant yeast
- 18g unsalted butter - softened at room temperature
- 8g green tea powder - dissolved in 10g boiling water
- 8g cocoa powder - dissolved in 8g boiling water
- A few drops of red colouring
- In a microwave-safe bowl, lightly beat together the yolk and milk. Microwave for 30 sec.
- In a clean mixing bowl, put in flour, sugar, salt, yeast. Mix to combine.
- Add milk and egg mixture and butter to dry mixture.
- Using and electric mixer with a dough hook attached, knead until elastic. The dough was a bit sticky, so I added about 1/2 tbs each of bread flour and cake flour to make it less sticky. I left it to knead for about 20 mins.
- Divide dough (about 560g) into 3 parts: 60g for chocolate, 185g for plain white, 25g for red, the rest (about 290g) for green
- Add chocolate paste to 60g dough and knead until well combined.
- Add red colouring to 25g dough and knead until well combined.
- Add green tea paste to 290g dough and knead until well combined.
- Loosely wrap each dough in cling film, prove for 40 mins.
- Knead/ fold each dough a few times to re-distribute the air. Prove for another 30 mins.
|1. Shape 70g of plain dough for the face and 2 pieces of 20g chocolate dough for the eyes.Shape to 5.5-6 inches in length.||2. Fill the gap in between the eyes with 20g plain dough.|
|3. Roll out and place the remaining plain dough over the shaped dough.||4. Divide the remaining chocoate dough into 2 pieces for the ears.|
|5. Use 20g of green tea dough to fill up the gap in between the ears.||6. Use 40g of green tea dough to cover the ears.|
|7. Make a slit on the top green tea dough.||8. For the heart shape, shape the red dough into a cylinder shape. Cut into 2 lengthwise. Place these 2 in the slit. Leaving a little gap in between the dough.|
|9. Fill in the gap with 15g of green dough.||10. Roll out and wrap the rest of the green tea dough all around the patterned dough. Leave the bottom unwrapped.|
|11. Place dough in a lined loaf pan.||12. Cover with cling film. Let prove for about 60 mins in an enclosed area (i.e. microwave/ oven). I placed it in a microwave together with a cup of hot water.|
- Bake at 200℃ for 25-30 mins.
- Slice and enjoy!
- Delicious with Nutella!