Yet another simple recipe to share is the all time favourite noodle Kway Teow Noodle Soup or ‘Flat Rice Noodles in Soup‘. It is a very simple recipe and highly recommended if you like a healthy breakfast at the start of the day. There are a few types of kway teowand I personally favour the thinly sliced noodle. Here is the steps to prepare the Kway Teow Noodle Soup.
100g of fresh flat rice noodles (kway teow)
100 g pork ribs
2 Chicken stock
20-30 g of sliced boneless chicken fillets
Some fish balls
Spring onion chopped as garnish
5-6 cloves of garlic, sliced
1. Gently separate the kway teow noodles and soak in warm water for 2 minutes and drain off the water.
2. Fill up the pot with water and put to boil. Add in the pork rib and chicken stock and simmer for about 30 minutes in medium heat.
3. On a separate pot, steam the chicken fillet for about 20 minutes. Sliced thinly the chicken fillet and place on a separate plate.
4. Strain the soup once the pork rib flavour has been extracted using a sieve and put it in another pot.
5. Add in the fish ball, noodles and cook for about 5 minutes in the soup. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place them on a bowl to serve and add the spring onion and sliced chicken fillet on top. You can also add prawns if you prefer to have prawns. You can also add some fried garlic as toppings.