- 1 cup cubed cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until blended. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread; let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 slice) equals 337 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.