Saturday 1 September 2012

Stir Fried Tang Hoon (Glass Noodle) with Ground Pork



I out did myself as this plate of fried tang hoon (glass noodle) was so delicious!  I added my secret ingredient, minced anchovies just to test how it would turn out.  The glass noodle was not broken into pieces and the bean sprout was crunchy and everything just came so well together.  I used chives because I saw a Chinese cooking show which said chives was really good for our body as it had the ability to clean the poison out of your body system. Listening to that I was sold, we needed to eat more chives from now on.  Chives seem to be very easy to plant here during summer.  Guess I will have more chives recipes coming out too.

My plate of fried glass noodle with ground pork!  Another secret ingredients is the fried eggs, you got to have eggs in this to bring out the overall flavor.  The glass noodle I used for this stir-fry is called Special Grade Bean Thread from China.  It has two red dragons on the cover.  I added it here so that next time I would know which brand to get for stir-fry, if my memory served me right, this brand is not expansive.

I'm sharing this noodle with Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth from Once Upon a Feast This week host is Cynthia, The Kitchen Slave! Check out her delicious round up on April, 23rd!




Ingredients:

  • 1 package of glass noodle (250gm), soften in tap water.
  • 1 bowl of bean sprouts, washed
  • 1 small carrot, julienne
  • 6 stalks of chives, cut into 1 inch length
  • 1/4 cup of dried anchovies, rinsed and minced
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 lb. of ground pork
  • 2 large eggs, beaten

Sauce:
  • Soy sauce (Kikkoman)
  • Sweet dark soy sauce (ABC brand)
  • Salt
  • Sugar
  • Sesame oil (Kadoya)
  • White pepper

Method:

1.  Heat up a wok, when heated, add in oil.  When hot, add in half of the minced anchovies and garlic, stir-fry until fragrant.  Add in ground pork and stir-fry for a while.  Add in carrot and chives and stir-fry until pork is cooked.  Dish out and place on a plate, set aside.

2.  In the same wok, heat up some oil.  When heated, add in the rest of the minced anchovies and garlic.  Stir-fry until fragrant, add in beaten eggs.  Stir-fry and add in soften glass noodle with a little water.  Use a chopstick to mix well.

3.  Add in 1 and sauce, stir-fry until well blended.  Lastly add in bean sprouts, give it a few quick stir and adjust sauce to taste.  Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment